Chlorella: Benefits and properties
Among the natural ingredients used in the manufacture of dietary supplements for health, chlorella is undoubtedly one to remember. This freshwater algae actually boasts numerous beneficial properties for maintaining your body in good health and fighting against the major deficiencies that are caused by modern daily life.
How to take Chlorella?
Our latest articles
Read our practical information and advice on buying chlorella in capsules or pills at the best price and recommendations on how to recognise and choose the best chlorella dietary supplement available.
What is chlorella?
Chlorella is a green freshwater algae used principally in the form of dietary supplements and classed as a Superfood. Chlorella actually has the particularity of containing a very high level of chlorophyll.
Initially studied as a possible remedy for malnutrition, chlorella rapidly demonstrated its unsuspected virtues for general health. It is notably rich in essential nutrients such as proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins and minerals, all of which your body needs to function in an optimal manner.
Therefore, when taken every day, chlorella ensures you stay in good health and helps to reduce certain problems and the appearance of certain other ailments.
But chlorella also counteracts unhealthy dietary habits due to its chlorophyll content. In fact it can sometimes be difficult to ensure we eat enough fruit and vegetables, particularly green vegetables, as recommended by dieticians and doctors. Chlorella ensures that any lack of these is corrected by providing, through the chlorophyll, as many essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals as 7 daily portions of fruit and vegetables.
The detailed benefits of chlorella:
To better understand the benefits of chlorella in the form of a dietary supplement here are its major properties:
- Strengthens the body: The iron, magnesium and vitamins in the chlorella strengthen the body cells. They also stimulate the immune system and digestive system by protecting the vital bacteria therein.
- Detoxification of the body: The chlorella also assists the body in eliminating toxins thereby assisting the liver, bilious tract and kidneys to function better.
- Healthier skin and hair: Due to the vitamin B2 contained in the chlorella, the condition of your hair and skin will be significantly improved.
- Easier weight loss: If you want to lose a few pounds then chlorella can help by decreasing your appetite.
- Reduction in stress and anxiety: Chlorella also works on the well being of the brain by promoting better sleep and an improved resistance to stress.
- Reducing the risks of cardio-vascular ailments: By improving the blood circulation chlorella reduces the risks of cardio-vascular problems.